Asal Usul Kaum Suluk / Tausug

Bincang tentang bahasa & kebudayaan kaum Bajau, Suluk, Lundayeh, Cocos dan sebagainya.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Re:

Postby DonKhalifa » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:51 pm

airbus320 wrote:
Yes. They are residents of mindanao and jolo, where the PTI (suluks) are from and also abu syaff supporters.

But PTI also includes Pakistanis, indonesians, bugis and so forth....so, tausang (not tausug) are also in the list of PTI we have in our state.

Most tausau or "rules of jolo and the sulu seas" are descendents of the sultan of sulu and are his generally his subjects.

Ya you are right..........Atleast they are your leader...your CM some more.....maybe they tought you are still wearing Cawat........Go out and tell them don't be shy...tell your leader about this PTI stuff...let them know that you can afford to buy your own clothes now....or maybe you can ask your head hunter to sacrifice some more of your tribes so that the UMNO spirit will be gone forever. :twisted: :twisted:
:slaugh:
Last edited by DonKhalifa on Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonKhalifa
Peminat SF
Peminat SF

Credit in hand: 7.35

Advertisement

Postby airbus320 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:53 pm

DonKhalifa wrote:
airbus320 wrote:
Yes. They are residents of mindanao and jolo, where the PTI (suluks) are from and also abu syaff supporters.

But PTI also includes Pakistanis, indonesians, bugis and so forth....so, tausang (not tausug) are also in the list of PTI we have in our state.

Most tausau or "rules of jolo and the sulu seas" are descendents of the sultan of sulu and are his generally his subjects.

Ya you are right..........Atleast they are your leader...your CM some more.....maybe they tought you are still wearing Cawat........Go out and tell them don't be shy...tell your leader abaout this PTI stuff...let them know that you can afford to buy your own clothes now....or maybe you can ask your head hunter to sacrifice some more of your tribes so that the UMNO spirit will be gone forever. :twisted: :twisted:

Our current cm is mixed pakistani, brunei and kadazan. Not suluk.
airbus320
Orang Kuat SF
Orang Kuat SF

Credit in hand: 0.00

Postby DonKhalifa » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:01 pm

airbus320 wrote:
DonKhalifa wrote:
airbus320 wrote:

Ya you are right..........Atleast they are your leader...your CM some more.....maybe they tought you are still wearing Cawat........Go out and tell them don't be shy...tell your leader abaout this PTI stuff...let them know that you can afford to buy your own clothes now....or maybe you can ask your head hunter to sacrifice some more of your tribes so that the UMNO spirit will be gone forever. :twisted: :twisted:

Our current cm is mixed pakistani, brunei and kadazan. Not suluk.

Ya He is a Pakistani.......as you Qoute earlier as PTI, you look at the word in blue color.
He is Married to a brunei mixed Kadazan but he himself is a PAKISTANI and yet he is UMNO, whom your PBS leader follow.
DonKhalifa
Peminat SF
Peminat SF

Postby airbus320 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:10 pm

DonKhalifa wrote:

Ya He is a Pakistani.......as you Qoute earlier as PTI, you look at the word in blue color.
He is Married to a brunei mixed Kadazan but he himself is a PAKISTANI and yet he is UMNO, whom your PBS leader follow.[/quote]

No. His father was pakistani, and had 2 wives if memory serves me correct. Musa is from the 2nd wife and his mother is bruniean, which qualifies him as a bumiputera. He was/is also born in Sabah. Therefore, he is not a PTI.

Not that I want to start a "he is...no he isn't" debate.

i know for a fact because my family didn't live all that far from Beaufort and knew about his family when his eldest brother (Ayub) was in politics in the mid to late 80's.
airbus320
Orang Kuat SF
Orang Kuat SF

Postby DonKhalifa » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:49 pm

airbus320 wrote:
No. His father was pakistani, and had 2 wives if memory serves me correct. Musa is from the 2nd wife and his mother is bruniean, which qualifies him as a bumiputera. He was/is also born in Sabah. Therefore, he is not a PTI.

i know for a fact because my family didn't live all that far from Beaufort and knew about his family when his eldest brother (Ayub) was in politics in the mid to late 80's.

1. What do you mean His father WAS Pakistani...? Are you telling me that we can change our race?

2. I also know Ayub Aman, His Son Johari Ayub, Hasnol Ayub & Irwan Ayub.They invited me to join Penampang UMNO but i refuse.

:hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:
DonKhalifa
Peminat SF
Peminat SF

Postby airbus320 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:54 pm

DonKhalifa wrote:
airbus320 wrote:

1. What do you mean His father WAS Pakistani...? Are you telling me that we can change our race?

2. I also know Ayub Aman, His Son Johari Ayub, Hasnol Ayub & Irwan Ayub.They invited me to join Penampang UMNO but i refuse.

I use the word "was" because he isn't alive anymore. Should I now change the past tense to indicate he was alive but isn't alive anymore? I already wrote, he was a pakistani. Which part of that don't you understand? You are beginning to sound like joshua now.....scary.
airbus320
Orang Kuat SF
Orang Kuat SF

Postby airbus320 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:57 pm

DonKhalifa wrote:
airbus320 wrote:

I am sure they invite a lot of people to join penampang UMNO....
airbus320
Orang Kuat SF
Orang Kuat SF

Postby sym » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:00 pm

airbus320 wrote:
DonKhalifa wrote:
airbus320 wrote:

I use the word "was" because he isn't alive anymore. Should I now change the past tense to indicate he was alive but isn't alive anymore? I already wrote, he was a pakistani. Which part of that don't you understand? You are beginning to sound like joshua now.....scary.

airbus,
you should put,
his late father is pakistani..
sym
Orang Baru
Orang Baru

Postby Sepilok » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:14 pm

sym wrote:his late father is pakistani..

actually Airbus is correct.
Even if you are going to use "late" it still has to be "was" rather than "is" - as using "is" suggest he is still around. You could use "is" if he was a Zombie or whatever the Sabahan equivalent is.
Image Image
Another shitty day in the office - I want to be outside
ImageImage
Sepilok
Teman Setia SF
Teman Setia SF

Credit in hand: 76.24
Bank: 10,577.42

Postby sym » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:17 pm

Sepilok wrote:

Even if you are going to use "late" it still has to be "was" rather than "is" - as using "is" suggest he is still around. You could use "is" if he was a Zombie or whatever the Sabahan equivalent is.

pakistani still alive, don't put was before that..
sym
Orang Baru
Orang Baru

Postby DonKhalifa » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:33 pm

airbus320 wrote:

Oh ok....so when you die, your race will also die.?..well thats cool... So your race will turn back to zero...
You are more scary than joshua..now................ :lolrf: :lolrf: :slaugh:
DonKhalifa
Peminat SF
Peminat SF

Postby DonKhalifa » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:38 pm

Sepilok wrote:

Bro the subject is Pakistan.......

You can kill the Person but not his race...u get my point..?

Sorry because I am not aware if CM's dad is still alive or not.
DonKhalifa
Peminat SF
Peminat SF

Postby airbus320 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:08 pm

sym wrote:[

airbus,
you should put,
his late father is pakistani..[/quote]

No, I think I am correct in the use of my vocabulary...unless something has changed since university days...heheheheeh :slaugh:
Last edited by airbus320 on Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
airbus320
Orang Kuat SF
Orang Kuat SF

Postby Sepilok » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:12 pm

DonKhalifa wrote:
Sepilok wrote:

Bro the subject is Pakistan.......

You can kill the Person but not his race...u get my point..?

Sorry because I am not aware if CM's dad is still alive or not.

The subject was the CMs father and as he is deceased - you have to use the past tense i.e "was". It not inferring that he has changed race and in fact Pakistani is not a race, but a nationality.
Image Image
Another shitty day in the office - I want to be outside
ImageImage
Sepilok
Teman Setia SF
Teman Setia SF

Credit in hand: 76.24
Bank: 10,577.42

Postby airbus320 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:22 pm

DonKhalifa wrote:
airbus320 wrote:

Oh ok....so when you die, your race will also die.?..well thats cool... So your race will turn back to zero...
You are more scary than joshua..now................ :lolrf: :lolrf: :slaugh:

The use of "was a pakistani" is used the world over in everyday conversation and its use is also accepted when talking about the demise of someone; I don't know many people who go around saying "...the late john.."

It is a norm in everyday english. Just because the use of "was" is inserted in to the conversation, it doesn't mean it HAS to indicate past tense on the subject matter. It can also be inserted when talking about something or someone who did something either recently, or in the past and the use of "was a pakistani" is to indicate that he is no longer here and he was a pakistani national.

I can also use WAS to indicate to you NOW, that "I WAS GOING TO THE SUPERMARKET, BUT SINCE YOU ARE HERE, I WON'T GO." Is that past tense or present tense?

Don't make it so complicated because you are way deep over your head when discussing this....:) :lol2:
airbus320
Orang Kuat SF
Orang Kuat SF

PreviousNext